Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If Everybody Else Drove Off A Cliff...

It has been raining for a couple days straight. The city of Charlotte freaks out in the rain and people drive 10 mph. On my way to the seminary today I got pulled over [I was doing 45-50 in a 45 zone]. This is the dialogue that transpired:

Cop: You were going pretty fast back there.

Josh: How fast was I going?

Cop: I just eyeballed you, but you were at least twice as fast as the everyone else.

Josh: Yes sir, but Charlotte doesn't know how to drive in the rain.

Cop: It can be dangerous to drive fast in wet conditions

Josh: Yes sir, but I'm from south FL where it rains harder than this every day.

Cop: Son do you think the fact that everybody else was driving slowly might give good cause for you to slow down.

Josh: No sir...unless you are simultaneously granting me permission to speed and drive recklessly when it's dry because everyone else is doing it.

Cop: Fair enough. Normally I would get mad at someone for talking back to me but that was pretty funny. Be careful though the roads are wet.

Josh: Yes sir.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! accidentally stumbled onto your blog. could spend an hour in here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh...did not know you had a blog until just now! Love this entry....deep belly laugh - i needed that!
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, it's just as well that you never post here anymore, because this post stays at the top.

    ReplyDelete